Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I Scream For Ice Cream!

Who doesn’t love ice cream?

Thanks to Nuffnang, I recently got invited for the Nestlé La Cremeria relaunch party at Laundry Bar, The Curve. I’m sure nearly everyone has tried La Cremeria before. It’s one of those ice cream tubs that you stock your fridge with so when you have a midnight craving, you just stick your spoon in the tub for a bite… okay fine maybe it’s just me.

So anyways, this relaunch of La Cremeria is to introduce their new 1.2L packaging as well as a new an improved recipe (as if it’s not already good enough pfft).



The entire Laundry Bar was decked out in Black and Gold, super elegant and classy. I even got my hands on some goodies! There was a super cool ‘gold bar’ USB thumb drive. Hahaha so glam!


After registrations and some drinks, we were ushered into the indoor section of Laundry Bar for the official launching of the ice cream. I was surprised to see that 8tv Quickie host Julie Woon was the MC of the launching!


There was a short speech by a Nestle representative who spoke about the new range of ice cream flavours with the new packaging. Apparently, the new packaging maximizes the freshness of the product and locks in all the creamy goodness!


In order to introduce their improved flavours, the Nestle La Cremaria ‘Bellas’ decked out in dresses that match each new flavour did a little catwalk around the venue.


Once the smoke cleared… TA DAH! The unveiling of the 6 new flavours.


The lovely Bella’s then brought us out according to our assigned numbers for the highlight of the event… the ice cream tasting session!


First up, the Chocolate Obsession.


This is a chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips and chocolate sauce. I thought this flavour was pretty good although I normally don’t like chocolate ice cream. It wasn’t really sweet and had a slight bitter chocolatey after taste that I liked!


We were advice to cleanse our palate after each scoop so as to fully appreciate each flavour… so here I am feeling very atas waiting for my sparkling water from one of the waiters… LOL!


I eventually wandered over to the next station that caught my eye, the ‘Chocolate Hazelnut Temptation’ which is a vanilla and chocolate ice cream with heaps of peanuts and velvety chocolate hazelnut sauce. I love anything hazelnut… it was really yummmmy! Super smooth and creamy and not too sweet again!


More hazelnut! This time the ‘Hazelnut Ganache Sensation’! Crème brulee flavoured ice cream with almond chunks and chocolate chips swirled in chocolate hazelnut sauce … phew what a mouthful! This was pretty good… but it was a tad too sweet for my liking because of the crème brulee ice cream but if you have a sweet tooth… this ice cream is for you!

By this time, I seriously had an ice cream overload. If you notice from the pictures, the kind people at Nestle are certainly generous with their tasting portions… LOL! I made my way to the ‘Almond Pecan Praline’ station for the aptly described pecan flavoured ice cream with almond chunks and velvety swirls of chocolate sauce. BOY DID I HIT THE JACKPOT!


I loved this ice cream! It had an odd pecan and almond aftertaste that I somehow found really addictive! Plus the almond bits added a real crunch to the ice cream. I’m so going to recommend this to my mum nommmms.


Just when I thought I had too much ice cream to handle, Julie Woon announced that lunch is ready to be served… what? lunch?? Woohoo! I didn’t even realized that there was going to be real food!

In the end I didn’t get to try two of the other flavours but from what I have tried, I would definitely recommend this range of ice creams! They taste really creamy and surpassed by expectation of a supermarket-stocked ice cream. Plus it’s super affordable at RM16+ for a 1.2L tub!


Also, La Cremeria roadshows will be happening nationwide in conjunction with the re-launch so everyone can try out the amazing new taste! You can find out where the roadshows will be happening at their Facebook page!

 So do check out the new La Cremeria range at your nearest supermarket! I’m off to get my Almond Pecan Praline :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com